Avaliação do Tópico:
  • 0 Voto(s) - 0 em Média
Thread to talk in English
Hello guys!

This topic is for these that want to trainning your english. We can talk about anything here, but have a one rule only. Don't use no one dictionary, only the words of your head are acept here, for it, is important be honest with yourself e others forum members.

You can help other members teaching the correct write form when something is wrong.

Posts no write in english will be delected.

Faith and honor.
Senna.
Membro Associado da Marmito Man Corporation

Quer me perguntar algo? - Visite meu Ask.fm - [Backup]
Responda-o
Nice topic @Senna, congrats.

The only way to improve our english is being humble enough to accept critics and fix what's wrong.
Um homem com escolhas é um homem livre.
Responda-o
What you guys think about the fall of facebook stocks?
Responda-o
What a fantastic ideia Senna! Lets try it. 

To be honest, these days I was thinking about how poor my culture is. I have no ideia about history, geography, philosophy, civilization,bible etc etc. I know the only and obvious way to improve this knowledge is reading and studying. So my question is. What do you Senna and the others members recommend to do first to create a solid knowledge ? Start studying History ? Start by reading the Bible ?
Responda-o
(27-07-2018, 09:32 PM)Don Vito Corleone Escreveu: What a fantastic ideia Senna! Lets try it. 

To be honest, these days I was thinking about how poor my culture is. I have no ideia about history, geography, philosophy, civilization,bible etc etc. I know the only and obvious way to improve this knowledge is reading and studying. So my question is. What do you Senna and the others members recommend to do first to create a solid knowledge ? Start studying History ? Start by reading the Bible ?

Start reading and studying the Bible. Is the most famous and important book in the world.
“A maior necessidade do mundo é a de homens — homens que se não comprem nem se vendam; homens que, no íntimo de seu coração, sejam verdadeiros e honestos; homens que não temam chamar o pecado pelo seu nome exato; homens cuja consciência seja tão fiel ao dever como a bússola o é ao polo; homens que permaneçam firmes pelo que é reto, ainda que caiam os céus.” Educação, Pág 57.
Responda-o
(27-07-2018, 09:57 PM)Libertador Escreveu:
(27-07-2018, 09:32 PM)Don Vito Corleone Escreveu: What a fantastic ideia Senna! Lets try it. 

Start reading and studying the Bible. Is the most famous and important book in the world.

I suggest you to read the whole collection from Prof. Pierluiggi Piazzi called "Aprendendo Inteligência". Reading this you can learn some "mind tricks" to keep the knowledge in your brain.
Responda-o
Nice thread.
Responda-o
@Don Vito Corleone, The secular books can give you knowledge, but the Holy Bible will give something without price. Wisdom. More than some thousands years already passed and her words don't gets old. I have a rule of life, accept only the knowledge that no have contradiction with a Hole Bible, the Real is include. it's have fine works to me.

You can beginning for Proverbs of Salomon, you will find a lot of real wisdom there.

Responda-o
Alright guys. Thank you all for your recommendations! 

I watched some videos of Pierluigi teacher and took some notes. By the way. I will start by reading and studying the bible. And then, let's see the next step.
Responda-o
(28-07-2018, 09:19 PM)Don Vito Corleone Escreveu: Alright guys. Thank you all for your recommendations! 

I watched some videos of Pierluigi teacher and took some notes. By the way. I will start by reading and studying the bible. And then, let's see the next step.

You won't regret this but i'll keep my advice to read the books, even if you start with the holy bible, the tips from the teacher will help you to keep the knowledge.
Responda-o
(30-07-2018, 04:11 PM)Gorlami Escreveu:
(28-07-2018, 09:19 PM)Don Vito Corleone Escreveu: Alright guys. Thank you all for your recommendations! 

You won't regret this but i'll keep my advice to read the books, even if you start with the holy bible, the tips from the teacher will help you to keep the knowledge.

Hey @Gorlami

I took your advice about the professor. I started his book "Aprendendo a aprender" yesterday and I will probably finish this today. As you sad, this is a very good base to improve the knowledge. And I'm so impressed about how the professor describe our educational system culture of "Study to pass in the test and that's fine".. bullshit.. 

Anyway, thanks again for your advice. I will get the holy bible this week, and I will try to apply the professor advices..
Responda-o
(27-07-2018, 09:17 PM)Skull Knight Escreveu: What  you guys think about the fall of facebook stocks?

I think is temporary fall, the peoples information is where the real Facebook value*, is for it that enterprises paying for announcements.

*I did search this word in google translate.

Responda-o
Hello Guys!

Great idea Senna to open this topic
I think that I need to do this (write) to improve my english
"O mais forte espadachim não necessariamente é o que vence. É a velocidade! Velocidade da mão, a velocidade da mente." Abade Faria
Responda-o
Training my listen I did find some YouTube channels that have helped me in the learn process.

Society of Virtue - With Portuguese subtitles

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPdkwN3...YqNELb9cqg

and

Because Science - Without subtitles, only to listening

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvG04Y0...nIjdgaqcDQ

In this video of second channel, the guy speaks a English loud and clear, this is the reason of my recommendation, not for the content in himself.

Other observation: I add a English dictionary on Mozilla Firefox and when I going to write in this topic, I enable it, like this I can see the grammatical corrections in my words.

Responda-o
As an autodidact, these are my recommendations :

1. Think in english.
By making this you won't waste time translating words in your mind. Get used to it, and it will sound more naturally.

2. Invest on phrasal verbs.
They're vebs composed with prepositions, for example: "get over, look after, bring up, come across". The preposition changes the literal sense of verb.

Ex: "They bring up their child to be respectful with the society"
     " Eles educam seus filhos para serem respeitosos com a sociedade"
*Veja que neste sentido bring up não significa "trazer para cima" e sim "educar".

3. Don't focus on rules of grammar if you are a beginner.
Firstly we must focus on learn the meaning, the pronunciation, just after having a good level we go to grammar. It's almost what we did when we are child: fisrt we learned to talk, write, then we learned the grammar.
Responda-o
Hello guys!
Take a look at it

"Batman and Robin are now Batman and Pedro. Batman fired Robin and hired Pedro because Pedro was willing to work twice the hours at the same rate." - speak up 267
"O mais forte espadachim não necessariamente é o que vence. É a velocidade! Velocidade da mão, a velocidade da mente." Abade Faria
Responda-o
I like this website

https://www.perfect-english-grammar.com/

I print the lesson pdf to practice
Responda-o
Ok so... Can we have a spanish thread too? I want to learn the "hermanos" language.
The absence of virtue is claimed by despair

Responda-o
It's good idea @Awaken, I don't create because in this moment I don't interested on Spanish language, but who is should to create one in the same modes.

Actually I'm reading the book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" in English, so would like to share some parts with you:

Rich Dad Poor Dad Escreveu:"My two dads had opposing attitudes in thought. One dad thought that the rich should pay more taxes to take care of those less fortunate. The other said, "Taxes punish those who produce and reward those who don't produce".

Rich Dad Poor Dad, p. 15

"Ah... may I ask a question first?" I asked. "No. Take it or leave it. I've got too much work to do to waste my time. If you can't make up you mind decisively, then you'll never learn to make money anyway. Opportunities come and go. Being able to know when to make quick decisions is a important skill."

Rich Dad Poor Dad, p. 29

Totally aligned with the realistic vision.

Responda-o
I've never seen this thread before!
Maybe we should put a new subject so we can talk more frequently here?
Spoiler Revelar
Veja o mundo por outras perspectivas, tente o novo todo dia.
O novo lado, o novo saber. Mude,
porque a direção é mais
importante que a
velocidade.

Responda-o

Pular fórum:

Usuários visualizando este tópico: 10 Visitante(s)